Saturday, August 25, 2012

the beginning.

I'm just going to go ahead and put this out there: I have never been a good blogger, journal writer, diary keeper, what have you. But this time, things will be different. That being said - you were warned.

Now for the fun stuff:

I have officially applied and reserved my first post-collegiate apartment. Estimated move in date: October 27th. This blog is my attempt at an outlet for all of my excitement and activities related to this new adventure. I am a DIYer, an organizer, a planner, an artist, a designer, and a total neat freak. My hope is that this blog will be a timeline for me, and maybe provide my readers with some fun inspiration and ideas!

I suppose I should start with my list of necessary things to buy/accomplish first:

  • buy a vanity chair - my apartment as a marvelous built in vanity area! I am currently on the hunt for a most fabulous place to park my butt while I put on my makeup.
  • coffee table - obviously a necessary item. I'm still on the fence as to whether I will create my own, or buy one.
  • buy a desk - i need a place to do some blogging!
  • wall art - gotta personalize people! I'm talking photos, paintings, clocks, etc. 
  • bedroom furniture - as many who have learned before me, my college days were filled with mix and match furniture (if you could technically call it furniture at all). This includes my bedroom set. I have never had a dresser. There was simply not room in my tiny little apartments. My "nightstands" were rolling plastic storage bins. Needless to say: its time to buy furniture.
  • washer and dryer - the one disappointment about my new place is that it only comes with a washer and dryer hook up - not an actual washer and dryer! Thankfully, there is a laundry room at the clubhouse, so the purchasing can be put off for a little while, but eventually will need to happen.
  • deck chair(s) - my marvelous apartment has a deck!!! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the fact that I'll be able to just sit on the porch, kick back, and enjoy some fresh air and a cold beer.
  • and all the other things I haven't thought of yet!
So it seems I have a lot to do! And there will be lots of fun, shenanigans, and hiccups along the way, and I hope you'll be there to join me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment