Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Resolutions

Not really apartment/DIY related, but I'm going to post it anyway to hold myself responsible for my resolutions. So here they are:

- do more yoga
- cook more and eat out less
- keep up with this blog
- keep up with my box of beautiful things... Which I suppose needs a little explaining. I'm trying my best to appreciate all of the little things, the important things in life, the beautiful things, if you will. So I've started a box full of index cards. One for each day, where I write down the date, and just one good thing. It could be something I'm thankful for, someone, anything that I did, thought about, saw, whatever. Then on the other side ill draw a picture or a magazine cutout that illustrates the card, and whenever I'm having a bad day, or just need a pick me up, I can look in that box and see all those beautiful things.

I'll post pictures of the cards and the box when I get further along in the process, but for now my resolutions are but words. 2013 is for making them realities. Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment